Today, sustainability is a growing topic for businesses of all sizes, and clean, renewable energy is a key piece of that puzzle. Renewable energy is good for the economy and the environment and will help you reach your sustainability goals. Using renewable energy also sends the message to your customers that you are actively contributing to a cleaner environment. And today, adopting additional solar and wind energy into your energy mix is easier than you think.
Here are five more reasons businesses are offsetting their energy with renewable energy:
- Minimizes greenhouse gas emissions
- Attracts quality workforce
- Improved capital investment horizon
- Draws new customers and suppliers
- Enables LEED and net zero building certification
Clean Energy Options
Xcel Energy offers renewable energy choices that best fit their business needs.
- Renewable* Connect is a flexible way to subscribe to a blend of local wind and solar energy with long-term contract options.
- Windsource* is an easy, low cost, low risk way to subscribe to wind energy.
- Solar* Rewards Community is offered by third-party solar garden operators. Xcel Energy provides bill credits as payment for solar energy produced. Your business may not be the renewable energy credit (REC)* owner.
- Net Metering is for businesses with on-site solar or wind energy that would like to sell any excess solar back to the grid and retain the RECs.
To participate in Xcel Energy's renewable energy options, contact your Xcel Energy account manager or the Business Solutions Center at (855) 839-8862. Visit xcelenergy.com/businessrenewables.
*Renewable energy credits (RECs) are used to measure renewable energy produced and used to meet renewable energy goals.