The Emerging Leaders Council has chosen the non-profit organization Gifts for Seniors as their Winter Donation initiative. Gifts for Seniors provides new and unwrapped gifts and life-affirming personal contact for isolated older adults in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area.
2020 has been an unprecedented year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Although it has had a significant impact on us all, our senior community has undeniably taken the hardest hit. YOU can brighten the holiday season for an isolated older adult in need by supporting the 27th annual holiday gift drive for our neighbors in the Twin Cities metro who may not have friends or family stopping by.
Here are a few ways you can help:
1. Contactless giving! Shop the gift registries online and ship directly
2. Make a financial donation to fill the gaps on low inventoried gifts
3. Shop at your favorite store and drop off a gift (NEW AND UNWRAPPED!) at one of the following locations:
Top 5 Most Requested Gifts:
1. Electric blankets, throws, heating pads & massaging gifts
2. Winter coats, boots, scarves and gloves - all sizes, men and women
3. Hard soled, non-slip house slippers - all sizes, men and women
4. K Cup coffee makers, Instant Pots, other appliances and supplies
5. Personal electronics - tablets, e-readers, music players, movie players, robotic companion pets, games and other activities