The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) Awards is an international competition that recognizes properties that exemplify superior building quality and excellence in office building management. The award is the most prestigious and comprehensive in the commercial real estate industry.
2018 TOBY Competition Timeline
- July 20, 2017 at 2:00 PM - TOBY Informational Meeting (Missed it? You can review the presentation here.)
- September 15 at 12:00 PM - Local entry forms, building images, and local entry fees due (Instructions for entering the local competition are below.)
- December 1 at 12:00 PM - Local TOBY entries (TOBY books) due
- December 4-8 - Building inspections take place
- February 10, 2018 - Regional judge sign-up deadline
- February 22, 2018 - Local TOBY entrants and winners recognized at Best of BOMA
- February 28, 2018 - Regional TOBY entries (online submissions) due
- March 1, 2018 - Regional recommendations for International Judges due
- March 1-14, 2018 - Regional judges review submissions online
- March 15, 2018 - Regional judging deadline
- April 6, 2018 - All Regional winners submitted to BOMA International
- April 16, 2018 - International judging
- April 30, 2018 - International judging ends
- May 11, 2018 - All TOBY Nominees announced
- June 26, 2018 - International winners announced at BOMA International Convention (the location for the 2018 convention is San Antonio, TX)
ENTERING THE LOCAL TOBY COMPETITION
Step 1. Submit the Local Entry Form by September 15 at noon.
Step 2. Read and follow the Competition Entry Requirements and the Local Entry Instructions which will involve you entering data online on BOMA International's website.
Step 3. Turn in your local TOBY entry (TOBY books) by December 1 at noon.
RESOURCES FROM BOMA INTERNATIONAL