The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) Awards is an international competition that recognizes properties that exemplify superior building quality and excellence in office building management. The award is the most prestigious and comprehensive in the commercial real estate industry.
2019 TOBY Competition Timeline
- July 26, 2018 at 2:00 PM - TOBY Informational Meeting, click HERE for a PDF of the presentation.
- September 14 at 12:00 PM - Local entry forms, building images, and local entry fees due (Instructions for entering the local competition are below.)
- November 30, 2018 at 12:00 PM - Local TOBY entries (online submissions) due
- December 3-7, 2018 - Building inspections take place
- February 10, 2019 - Regional judge sign-up deadline
- February 21, 2019 - Local TOBY entrants and winners recognized at Best of BOMA
- February 28, 2019 - Regional TOBY entries (online submissions) due
- March 4, 2019 - Regional recommendations for International Judges due
- March 4-15, 2019 - Regional judges review submissions online
- March 15, 2019 - Regional judging deadline
- March 29, 2019 - EnergyStar data must be benchmarked and shared with BOMA International
- April 5, 2019 - All Regional winners submitted to BOMA International
- April 15, 2019 - International judging
- April 29, 2019 - International judging ends
- May 10, 2019 - All TOBY Nominees announced
- June 25, 2019 - International winners announced at BOMA International Convention (the location for the 2019 convention is Salt Lake City, UT)
ENTERING THE LOCAL TOBY COMPETITION
Step 1. Submit the Local Entry Form by September 14, 2018 at noon.
Step 2. Read and follow the Competition Entry Requirements for your building's category (Earth, Industrial, Mixed-use & Public Assembly, Renovated, Office Building Categories (all other) ) and the Local Entry Instructions which will involve you entering data online on BOMA International's website.
Step 3. Turn in your local TOBY entry (NEW THIS YEAR - Online Submission) by November 30, 2018 at noon.
RESOURCES FROM BOMA INTERNATIONAL